It's official: I can no longer take Xavier with me through the Target greeting card section...
Here's what happened today: I was scoping out cards in the "sister birthday" section (shout-out to Amanda, who gets closer to 30 next week), and X had migrated over to the "husband birthday" section a few feet away. He saw a cute-looking card, with cartoon animals on the front, and brought it over to me, mentioning how I could get this card for Jay in a couple of months. Awww, how sweet, right? :)
Then X starts to read it to me: "To my husband, who's as strong as an ox (cute picture of ox), as crafty as a fox (cute picture of fox), as wise as an owl (cute picture of owl)..." And at this point, I'm thinking what a nice little card this is, and wondering what cute animal and punchline will be inside. Then X opens it up to finish reading: "And as horny as a moose!" Oh my! I just quickly said, "Oh, that's cute!" and shut it and put it back. Luckily for me, he didn't ask what that meant... he just liked the picture of the blushing cartoon moose inside! Why are adult-humored cards placed at child-height??! I'm not ready to explain this kind of stuff to my 4-year-old!! Argh!
My girls always pick out super crazy, glittery, loud cards and then forget where to put them back... I find it's just easier to card shop ALONE! :)
ReplyDeleteHA! What a great moment!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Also, I would like to add that I still have 2 birthdays left in my 20s...
ReplyDelete